“Now daisies pied and violets blue do paint the meadows with delight…” Okay, I stole that one from Shakespeare, but the change of seasons rather lends itself to lyrical outbursts.
After Germany weathered an actual hurricane last week, spring is here to stay at last: blue skies, golden sunlight, budding leaves in translucent green, and plenty of flowers in bloom, including the odd violet.
Unless you’re among those poor folks prone to hay fever, you may be feeling the strange temptation to start skipping through the daisies and warble along with the chirping birds.
Here, it’s the bright-colored coming of spring that inspires us, whereas nature in the southern hemisphere is slowly taking on the earthy hues of autumn. Either way, April seems to urge us to “color our life”. And that’s the motto of the latest themed month for our InterNations Communities all over the world.
Our themed events in January invited you to welcome 2015 together with InterNations. They might even have helped you to stick to your New Year’s resolutions. Now we invite you to color your life with your friends from InterNations: it’s all about bold and bright and colorful get-togethers this month!
• In Barcelona, you can literally paint the town red tomorrow night. Our Ambassadors Paul and Elina are throwing a fiery Red Party for you, featuring a special dress code and rocking live music.
• There’s also a particular dress code for the next Language Exchange Activity in Lausanne. Don’t just come to find someone interested in learning your mother tongue – show off the national colors of your country’s flag as well!
• While Barcelona sees red, Cape Town goes orange. Our Taste of the World Group in Cape Town is going to join the local Oranjefeest, inspired by the traditional Dutch festivities for King’s Day. This year, the festival coincides with the South African Freedom Day celebrations, so be there and toast the “rainbow nation”.
• You can also get a taste of the big wide world in Uzbekistan and Ecuador. Our Tashkent Foodies Group will try a selection of colorful dishes from a variety of cuisines, where East meets West. And our Quito Cooking Class is going to prepare a three-course meal with seasonal specialties – yum!
• The Dortmund Sightseeing Group has opted to explore one of the most colorful artists of the 20th century instead. The Osthaus Museum Hagen has dedicated a comprehensive retrospective to painter and architect Friedensreich Hundertwasser, a lifelong partisan of ecological values and intercultural exchange, of organic forms and vibrant colors.
• The bold colors of art are a definite theme at the upcoming InterNations Event in Milan, too. Our Ambassador Michela has organized a live body painting performance by a local calligraphic artist – a splash of color and an unusual touch.
• Last but not least, next week’s InterNations Event in Malaga is all about the colors of the mind, so to speak. Ambassadors Tanya and Laura have scheduled a special guest speaker who’s going to deliver a motivational talk on awakened consciousness.
Looking for “Color Your Life” events and activities in your InterNations Community? Check our Event Calendar and keep your eyes open for this month’s logo. Be bold and bright and have lots of fun!
(Image credit: 1) InterNations 2) & 3) iStockphoto)