1) Your guest post should correspond in style, tone, and length to other recent posts on the official InterNations Blog.
2) A blog entry should cover expat-related topics of general interest. For example, it might contain more general musings about cross-cultural encounters, travels, expat-related news, and expatriate life with all its joys and challenges.
If you would like to write about one specific location or an experience in a particular country, we may publish such articles as “member contributions” in the content section of our website, instead of the blog. Please contact email@example.com for this purpose.
3) All articles must be written in English. The standard length of our blog posts is 600 to 800 words. Please try to make sure that you don’t write fewer than 500 and more than 1,000 words.
4) Please understand that we can only accept unique content which has not been published on other websites before. This includes content previously published on personal homepages or private blogs.
5) Needless to say, we cannot publish any content that could in any way be considered offensive, prejudiced, or simply unsuitable for our blog. We will make this decision at our own discretion.
6) We may edit your content before it is published. Standard edits include spelling, grammar, punctuation, usage/style, and formatting. If any bigger changes should be deemed necessary, we will normally make them only after getting back to the author and discussing the issue.
8) We will publish the articles in your name, and include a link to your own personal blog or website, if applicable. Please note that in general, we only place links to private blogs and not to any kind of business or commercial websites.
We usually don’t accept promotional, sponsored or commercial content, or content written for SEO and link exchange purposes. either.
9) In most cases, there are no fixed deadlines for sending in a blog post. These are normally published on a “first come, first served” basis from our backlog queue. Please note that we no longer publish more than one guest contribution per week.
Writing deadlines or priority treatment may, however, apply if agreed upon with the blog editor, or if the post refers to seasonal topics or current events.
10) Should you wish to become a regular guest blogger, we will offer you a free Albatross premium membership on InterNations for the duration of your contributions. Ideally, a regular guest blogger would send us one article per month.
11) If you have any photos to illustrate your entry, we’ll be happy to publish them, too, and credit you for the images as well. But please only use pictures that you took yourself or which you are permitted to use for this purpose. If they are not your pictures, let us know whom to credit. Thank you!